Tuesday, January 23, 2007

No more pity parties..

So, lately I've been feeling sorry for myself- the lone woman in a housefull of testosterone, trucks, balls, and toy trains. This morning was an eye opener. The boys woke me up and we did our usual routine, but for some reason it was just FUN! Charlie cracked me up as he fed himself this morning - without any help AT ALL- and made a HUGE mess and laughed and giggled and just before I took the following picture he said, "I grink it!"



Dillon is such an active kid. He's SOOO athletic! He just wants to fill his days riding his bike, playing basketball, baseball, football, and as you'll recall, the winter sports of last month. Now its frisbee throwing and skateboarding! He is the cutest thing to watch when he gets all "sporty" and focused on impressing me. It's soooooo cute :)




As you can see, the fence has yet to be fixed, but ALAS! As I write this very moment the fence guys pull up and are getting the wood out of their truck!!!! It's so hard to believe because we've been trying to get them to come since OCTOBER!



Ok, the answer to your question is, YES, Dillon dressed himself this morning. It's a fight I've decided only to engage in for schooldays and Sundays. PS - LOOK AT HIS FACE! What'd I say about him being all "sporty" and focused?

Here's Charlie playing soccer.




Here's a photo for all of you currently enjoying the winter weather in Utah, Wyoming and New York! Taken from my backyard- NEENER!



So, no more pity parties for me thinking about how much I'd like NOT to be in this house full of crazy wild boys. It's actually pretty fun!

This is random, but funny, so I had to mention it. The other day, Dillon saw James and I kiss on the lips. He YELLS at the top of his lungs, "YUCK DAD!! That stuff is for weddings!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Blogger Lady! And cute pics too. Boys are pretty much boys and girls pretty much girls right from the beginning, huh?

My sky shot would look similar, sans the palm trees of course. It's nice and blue outside. If you looked down though :( parking lots coated in a thick layer of packed snow, white EVERYTHING and car windshields waiting to be scraped off.

The Mathews Family said...

Like I said before... NEENER!

Beth said...

Too cute. Dillon is so cute with his sports.. and I love to see Charlie playing soccer already. Allie's right- they're just built that way from the beginning. :) I love it.

Beth said...

OH - I had to comment on the kissing!! HILARIOUS. Dillon better thank his lucky stars that you guys kissed after your wedding... tee hee!! :)