Wednesday, August 16, 2006

First day of Preschool!

I was going to try and get a better picture of Dillon smiling and excited for school, but after I looked at this one, it was too perfect. For those of you who know Dillon, you know he doesn't usually "transition well" into new things. Don't get me wrong, he was excited to start his "new big boy school" but, also nervous.



Once he got there and let go of my leg, I could see that he was going to LOVE his new school. It's so unintimidating and FUN! Those are real genuinely extatic smiles right there!



When I picked them up, Dillon said, "Mommy, everyone at my school is really nice!" Like that was surprising! "They gave me a surprise and we read a story about a boy who was very naughty."



This is Dillon and Katelyn with one of the teachers. WHAT A RELIEF! It's a load off of my shoulders anticipating that this may just be the thing Dillon needs to learn how to adapt, cooperate, play, and learn in a structured environment. I'm smilin' again people! What's that, like twice in a week? LOL : )

1 comment:

Beth said...

OOOOH, Jenny! Those pictures of Dillon on his first day are SO CUTE. I love them! His little nervous face made me smile but then I loved to see his happy face at the end. Good good good! I hope he loves it. Gracie sure did. In fact, I better get to posting... :)