Wednesday, January 02, 2013

In the meantime...

January 2nd, 2013.  I am bound and determined to get this blog up to date!  New Year's resolutions baby!

In the meantime, I thought I'd post that we are doing really well and really happy and life is pretty much going how we had hoped at this point (should I be knocking on some wood right now?).  You might say that the fourth baby was the "tipping point" for me.  Blogging was not the only thing to fall by the wayside.  It wasn't so much that I didn't have the time- sure I was busier, but the most notable difference was the fatigue!  Whenever I would sit down, I'd pretty much lose consciousness- whether or not my eyes were closed or open, I was dead to the world.  Things have markedly improved now that the older three are pretty great and taking care of themselves when I need to catch up on sleep during the day every now and then.  Leo really is a dream.  He sleeps 10-12 hours at night and 1.5-2 hours at naptime, I'm not pregnant, not nursing, sleeping better (if only slightly) and beginning to feel like a person again!

There's this great talk by President Thomas S. Monson that I recently re-read.  Its called,
"Finding Joy in the Journey."  I love reading this because it reminds me that these things that drive me crazy right now- the piles of school paper, the baby toys everywhere, the dollies and legos and just plain MESSES- someday will be sorely missed.  In my sincerest self and with my whole soul, I CHERISH this time of life, though unfortunately, 75% of the time if you were to "pop" by you may not believe me.

Ok, so I'll post one picture in this post and get busy uploading the 10,000 photos I have for the last year and a half.  Here's my favorite from our last photo shoot (I took this one myself!).


No comments: