Monday, July 07, 2008

Miles and Miles of Summer fun!

Crazy Summer Days!

It's only been three weeks, but it feels like so much longer! Since my last post we've put 2300 miles on our van. Here's why:


A trip to the pool= 12 miles



Annie's first time in a swimming pool- she LOVED it, can you tell?



Trip up to Utah= 750 miles

Where the kids played cowboys-





Met new cousins-




Played with Grandma and Grandpa Mathews' animals-





Told stories of pediphobic witches, purple dragons and bridge trolls under enormous pine trees-



Noticed family resemblences!! (Cousins? Twins?)




Tried to keep cool in 100+ degree days at the Utah Arts Fesival-















A quick trip north to Jackson Hole and back- 500 miles














And back south to Southern Utah for a family reunion like only these people can do! In the shadows of red cliffs, 100 degrees, trailers, four-wheelers, like a million grand and great grand children and TONS of food!- 350 miles







and this thing- My uncle Randy's "Infant-ry"



And back to CA for a relaxing day at the beach- 700 miles






And a NAP!



Whew. The fun hasn't ended yet- we have Aunt Lyna and the girls staying with us for two more weeks!! I guess all that bragging about the weather, beach etc. payed off!!! :)

10 comments:

The Hobbs said...

Jenny! I have been in a bubble blogging without knowing any of my high school friends did it!! I am sooo excited to see your cute family! Look me up. I hope you don't care I link you - I would love to keep in touch.
Emily Hobbs (Groll)
emilyandjustinhobbs.blogspot.com

the landreths said...

What great pictures! My favorite is Annabelle at the beach with sand coming out of her nose :). I'm going to miss California shores!

Angie said...

Hole moly Jenny! What a whirlwind! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you while you were in UT, but I'm sure you were so busy seeing family and Logan friends. Does Emmalee (spelling?) have twins or something? Seriously, all of the cousins DO look a like...I can't tell them apart!

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
haLey said...

Hey Jen! Miss you so much already and these pictures didn't help! It was so fun to spend time with you and the kids but mostly I just love sleeping in the same bed as you and Annabelle....not! hahahaha but really I miss you and want to come back to Cali in August with Hillary for our 08' road adventure...if we can afford gas.

Holly said...

Wow, you have been busy! Looks like a ton a fun! You need to check out my "9th grade treasures" post, it will bring back great memories for you! ha ha!

emandtrev said...

How fun! Summer is the best for being full of family, sunshine, and busy-ness. I love it! I love all the pics!

Beth said...

WOW... lots of great pictures and tons of fun stuff going on. I have to say - I am in love with the picture of you & Annabelle in the pool AND the picture of you with your two boys. They are both SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! :)

L said...

What a fun trip!!! I am glad you got to go and enjoy so much family! Your kids are still adorable!

Did you come home and get a much deserved massage?

Adam Jensen said...

wow ! you guys ARE busy!! fun stuff.