I was on my bed upstairs and it was funny b/c I was reading a novel (Dan Brown- Deception point) and just as I read a part about a big car explosion, the "shaking" started! I thought at first that it was in my imagination and then that Charlie was shaking the bed or something. Then I noticed that EVERYTHING was shaking and my stomach lurched and my legs got all wobbly. SO WIERD! It lasted about 10 seconds or so b/c we were so far from the epicenter. My mom lives 10 miles from the epicenter and she was at Home Depot. Things slid off the shelves and people were all shaken up. She said it was pretty wild.
No major damage, or injuries, thankfully. Thanks to everyone who called, texted, or emailed their concern. We're just fine!
On another note, all three of the kids have been sick this last week! It started with Annabelle, who had a fever for three days straight. Here's a picture of her all glassy- eyed:

Then Dillon got it for one day. The next day at church the nursery workers came and got us saying that Charlie was shivering! It was HOT in our building that day, so we knew something was up. Sure enough- FEVER, Chills and sore throat. His lasted 2 days. They're all fine now! Thank goodness :)



2 comments:
That would totally freak me out. We felt the one that was in Nevada several months ago. (I still lived in River Heights.) But I thought it was a big truck driving by, they usually make the second story rumble. It was totally surreal. I hope the BIG ONE doesn't knock my house down! Glad you guys are okay.
I'm glad you're all ok, I totally forgot you guys were in CA when I heard about the quakeage. I'm happy your kids are feeling better, that picture of Annabelle is too sad!
p.s. love your new blog header! xox
Post a Comment