Tuesday, February 05, 2008

****Potty Training**** (Life on hold)

Oh Man. I HATE potty training. It seems like it was so much easier with Dillon. I think the main difference is, I HAD MORE TIME! My days are filled to the brim with yucky messes- even though Charlie is catching on and I know it could be SO MUCH WORSE! I just have so many other people to care for and things to do, that accidents are happening, and stress is rising!
He's in underwear all day (even during naps) and does awesome peeing in the potty 99%of the time. I need someone to help me figure out how to help him go #2 in the potty. How do I ease his fears?

Many aspects of my life have been put on hold. All the fun stuff (blogging, scrapbooking, playgroups) was the first to go, and the house work was next! My house is a wreck. Besides cleaning up poop, spit-up, drool and food messes, its not happening. It's also been so long since James and I had any sort of date or alone time. So yeah, we need to cross this milestone and FAST!

Three major things happened over the last couple of weeks. First of all, the prophet of my church died. When a man is 97 you know its coming, but it was still a shock. I loved this man. His inspired words have answered my prayers and been the motivation behind big changes in my life. His sense of humor lifted my spirits and enhanced my love for the gospel. The emotion that I felt was so different than what I had expected. Mostly I was happy for him. He had worked soooo hard for so many years and now he can begin to receive his great reward and be with his sweetheart again.



When the new first presidency was announced I felt a rush of joy and the peace of the Holy Spirit confirm to me that these are the men to guide us onward. They look excited don't they? :)



The second major thing was that I have a new nephew! JAYCE RYAN COOK was born on Wednesday, Jan 30th. He's still teeny tiny and in the special care nursery, but growing and doing better every day! CONGRATULATIONS RY AND EM! Pictures soon, hopefully.

Appropriately third, Charlie turned THREE!



The birthday boy in his birthday suit!



It was pretty uneventful on the actual day, but Saturday we had a big birthday party with all the boys' friends and celebrated with games and goodies, super-hero style! I made capes for all our little superhero guests, which was an adventure in and of itself! Though they were incredibly simple, just knowing that I can actually sew and make something like this was GREAT for me. I had fun doing it!



Most everyone enjoyed playing superhero, seeing how far they could fly with their capes, hitting the pinata, eating cake and ice cream and playing with the toys. Charlie, was ALL about the presents and we had a hard time keeping him away from them until it was time!







Here Dillon is admiring the cake,



Charlie has still got both eyes on the presents!







Annabelle is a chunk! Check out these cheeks, and I think I've got a photo of her chunky thighs too!



Squishing her is about the funnest thing in the whole world. She's soooooooooooooo squishy. She's noisy now too! She giggles and squeals and laughs and makes all kinds of girly noises - Especially when her own personal entertainer (Dillon) sings this funny song. Listen to this!

9 comments:

alliehoopes said...

Not EVERYTHING has been put on hold if you're still throwing parties like THAT!! It looks like so much fun! So much that I can't stop exclamating everything! And making up words!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, I feel for you! I haven't even begun to start potty training and I'm so not looking forward to it! Maybe I'll do it this summer when Connor turns three and Aleah will be almost 2. Two at once? Do you think I'm crazy? The pics you took are adorable.

Holly said...

What a cute idea for a birthday party, and you made the cape's and everything! How fun, I bet you kids and their friends loved it! All I can say about the potty training thing is HANG IN THERE! Pretty soon it will all be over and he will be succesfully going #2 in the potty. Good luck!

Shelly and Ken said...

I too loathe potty training. I think it is one of the worst things we have to do as parents. It is so stressful... but so worth it.

emandtrev said...

Isn't it fun?! Ugh! By the way, did you send me an email so I can add you to my private blog listing? It's emilythecook@yahoo.com.

Have fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen. That is the cutest song and so funny! I'm glad you take the time to do this blog thing. I love those little guys so much. Give them all a sqeeze and one for you and James too.

P.S. Looks like the party was a hit!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I feel like my life has been on hold for a while, and I am not even trying to potty train. Thanks also for the fun party. The girls have used their capes tons. Love Ya, Kami

Bowdens said...

What an update! I can't believe Charlie is 3..that's crazy. Kirk saw the pictures of Charlie's party and said, "That's what I want for my birthday!" It looks like fun! Annabelle is too cute. I always say, the chunkier, the better! Talk to you later...

Melissa said...

Girl, I feel your pain with potty training and wish I had some advice for you. All mine flew out the window with Logan. He just didn't want to. Good luck!