Saturday, February 09, 2008

Finding friends in blogland..

Lately I have "found" a lot of old friends through this crazy thing called blogland. It is so fun and so exciting seeing what they've been up to and how they've all multiplied their families exponentially!

I thought it would be fun to say a little bit about some of my "new" old friends :) (some of their blogs are private, so the links might not work)

Amy
A really cute girl I've known since Jr. High. She was better friends with my brother who once teased her by calling her, "Notso" because her last name was Smart. He thought he was pretty clever. (roll eyes) I always thought she was so cute and skinny and fun. She's now married to another MCHS Mustang and has two adorable boys!!

Emily
I first met her at drill team try-outs when I was 15! UNBELIEVABLE high kick! Over the next two years we spent WAY too much time together sweating and laughing, and I wonder if "Monie Monie" brings back any memories to her? Eh Em? lol

Holly
Met her when I was ten. Good ol' Mendon stock, she is. We hung out a lot when we were younger and she was one of those girls that always had a good attitude about everything. A decade, husband and two kids later, I don't think that has changed!

Jami
Met her the first day of 5th grade. Gorgeous then, gorgeous now! Another west valley girl and fellow drill-teamer :) She's now got her hands full with 3 boys ages 4 and under!

Jamie
From the same town where the berries in my jam came from! ;) One of the sweetest persons I've ever met. We hung out a lot in Jr. High- lots of fun memories. She's got an adorable daughter!

Julia
Met her at drill team try-outs too. BEAUTIFUL girl- who I now share a neice with! Long story. Big smile. Big heart. She's got a couple of cute kiddos too!

Melissa
I met her one day while visiting her sister-in-law. She was a fellow 27th ward'er. We had babies like three days apart from each other. Lots of baby showers, lots of book clubs and ward activities - all good memories. FOUR children now- all completely scrumptious! She's also dealing with potty training at the moment.. ugh!

Meghan
Met in high school. Super cute and super sweet. Also married a Mustang :) We really got to know each other when we were in the 27th ward and were both pregnant with the world's cutest baby boys! She's now got two darling daughters as well.

Tiffany
Met her at church and it was one of those "Kindred Spirit" experiences. She's someone I just loved to death from the minute I met her. BIG laugh, BIG smile, fun personality. She taught seminary to my brother-in-law and her sister fell in love with my brother after we tried playing matchmaker! Alas, it lasted a mere 2 or three weeks.... (sigh) ;) We lost touch for a few years, but I found 'er! Now she's the proud Momma of 2 girls and 2 boys and as awesome as ever.

That was fun.

14 comments:

Jami & Boys said...

Hey, I'm honored to have made your list! Thanks for your sweet words, they actually made my day and I'm touched that you would remember when we met! Thanks!
Jami

Amy said...

That was so cute and fun to read. Thanks!! Oh and Dustin still calls me "notso" whenever he sees me :)

Holly said...

We did have some pretty fun times when we were younger didn't we? I miss those days! What a fun post, I enjoyed reading it!

Melissa said...

Jenny Matthews! It was so good to hear from you! Look at your adorable blonde California family and cute scrapbooking pages. I love finding fellow 27th ward girls~thanks for adding me to your list :)

emandtrev said...

So fun to read! I should write a post like this myself! And YES Mony, Mony brings back memories! LOL! I wonder if I could survive even half of that song now. I might pass out if I tried. :)

Have you been able to access your blog? What is your email address and I'll add you if not!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

i feel the same way Jenny, i have found some long lost friends as well and it has been so much fun to catch up with them! hang on with the potty training, always worth it in the end :) Cami

Suz said...

I HATE MONIE MONIE!!!!!!!!!!

Angie said...

I totally agree! Blogging really is so great that way!

Shannon Crandall said...

Hey I am leaving town on wed to go to Utah for the week and I am sorry I never got back to you. Good job on getting the apointments for vt but I will be out of town. Okay and yes I am leaving town in prep for the mandatory fun that we were going to miss is I was here. Anyway good for you!!! Talk to you soon!

Bowdens said...

How fun to have found so many friends! I know this sounds dumb, but it there a way to search for people through blogspot, or do you just find them through other people's blogs? By the way, I share your hatred of potty training...sheer torture! Lucky for me, Blair potty trained herself, so hopefully you'll see a difference with Annabelle!

Bowdens said...

Yes we love Oceanside! We have an annual Perkinson family(my mom's side) trip at the end of June! I think this will be our 5th year going. So we'll have to meet up with you guys this year! Kirk is bummed because his intern orientation week is the same week as our trip! But, I'll be there for sure!

The Garners said...

Jenny,
I'm commenting with a guilty heart. I've been reading your blog for about a month now. My maiden name was Lara Oyler. You don't know me, but I was friends with James in High School (and I think he dragged you to my wedding.) Oh, and your little brother and my little brother (Steven) were buddies in high school. Anyway...I think your blog is adorable! And I wanted you to tell James hi for me!

Oh and your scrapbook stuff is amazing...kudos! James made such a catch...what cute kids and a cute wife!

Your entry about finding old friends made me feel guilty! I feel so much less like a stalker now!
Thanks for a cute read...
Lara (Oyler) Garner

Melissa said...

P.S. thanks for your sweet comments on the blog~I really appreciate it. keep us posted on the potty training~good luck :)

Tiffany Unsworth said...

Hey Jenny!
AAAAAAA! I CAN'T bELIEVE IT'S YOU! aND i KNOW HOW TO BLOG NOW, A LITTLE! i'M SORRY i'M SO bEHIND THE tIMES!
Hey-- I didn't realize I was getting comments or that those comments linked to blogs or that there is a whole blogging world out there that is connected! Wow.
And you are so sweet to put me in your post. I can't tell you how fun it is to find you and to see your family and to remember how funny and smart you are and to see that you like all the same music and books that I do and to realize that I know people who can scrap so amazingly (I'm terrible) and to be like friends again! You are awesome and I love your cards and we are coming to CA in March, so maybe we can see each other! Love you love you love you Tiffany