Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fun or Fiasco? You tell me...

First of all, I have left my camera at my mom's so until I can get up there and get it, no pictures! :(

K, so yesterday we went to Disneyland. Dillon has this whole week off of school, James was post call and had been begging me for another trip to the happiest place on earth. So I was like, "Oh alright. The kids would just be here messing up the house all day anyway."

We get there, and its not too crowded. It's been a little rainy all day and looks like it might get worse so a lot of people were leaving the park. We're thinking "SWEET - no lines!" It was kinda cold and rainy- but we've done DL in much much worse.

We go on Pirates and then Annabelle poops and while I'm changing her the guys go on Winnie the Pooh. Then we all go on Haunted Mansion- Annabelle doesn't enjoy herself and cries pretty much the whole time. Next we head over to Tiki room and then dinner. While we're waiting to be seated, Charlie has to go potty. Just before James gets him there, he pees his pants! So he comes back, gets the spare undies and pants and changes him. As soon as he gets back Dillon has to go. We sit down, I order and when James gets back we eat- TOTALLY expensive and not-so-fabulous food. Half way through, Dillon says hes gotta go #2 and James is off to the toilet again, while I deal with Annabelle who has just woken up starving and there is no way I can feed her, feed Charlie and pay the bill. SHE IS SCREAMING.

So we run to Pirates again just so I can feed her somewhere indoors and with some privacy (dark, not crowded). While on the ride, I look over at Charlie and his face communicates to me that he has just messed himself again. No more spare undies and pants and its' now dark and COLD.... we're done. So, now we're heading out of the park feeling sick from our dinner, 2 kids screaming and one with soaking wet pants, we're all freezing and thinking that our "happy place" isn't so happy today.

When we get to the car, Dillon is crying b/c he's hungry, Charlie is SCREAMING and throwing an all out breathless tantrum b/c we've put him in a diaper and he's "NOT A BABY ANYMORE!!!" Annabelle is getting upset because of all the noise and James and I, well we were ready to rage against the machine!!!

All in all we decided that it might not be possible to do Disneyland while potty training. I don't know.

(Sigh) Life is good. I love being a mom. I'm good enough, smart enough and gol darnit! People like me!

Here's some recent cards and pages for Paper Posies :)







My valentines "card" for James-

8 comments:

Jami & Boys said...

you are one patient momma! i think i would have left after the first round of potty incidents!

The Garners said...

So, I think that anything that detracts from the magic that is Disneyland...is such a shame! It seems that perhaps the Disney gods were just testing your resolve, and I think that you won! I must say that my powers of deduction (which are fair to middlen -at best- tee hee) have figured out that you all have season passes! And without sounding jealous and bitter...I'm jealous and bitter! I want to be able to just take a visit to Mickey! What a great life! (In fact I've also deduced that we were at California Adventure on the same day in October. Not that we would have bumped into each other, but a cool coincidence nonetheless.)

And again may I reiterate the excellence of your scrapbooking skills! I love doing that kind of stuff...and they turn out pretty good, but I just don't have that gift for greatness! But, I am a really good appreciator of talent...really....I'm so impressed, what a great gift! I will study them and continue to hone my own skills. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to turn mine into something impressive...doubtful!

Beth said...

Ok, so that is the beauty of Disneyland passes.. you have a not-so-happy day one day, but you get to try again another day! :)

Amy said...

You are my new hero for the day. The patience you have must be part of some secret super powers you hold. Great story though. Anthon keeps asking if "today can we go to disneyland?"

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing there are only "moments" like that every once in awhile. I am sure that is a Disneyland trip you will remember for a long time. Love Ya, Kami

Jill said...

Jenny I got such a kick out of your day at disneyland. What can you do but laugh once its over. We have only been to Disneyland once and Caden had just barely been potty trained so we put a diaper on him so we wouldnt have to deal with it. He would'nt go in the diaper, it seemed like we had to take quite a few potty breaks. What an experience. Take it in stride right? Jill

Katie and Steve said...

I love that story! So great! I think we all have a story similar to that, where you have way too high of expectations, and it crashes down around you. Thank goodness for season passes. BTW, James looks great with facial hair! Steve has it too. It must be a Dr thing.

Angie said...

Oh man! The Disneyland story was priceless! I can just picture it. Those are the moments we just love, right? Your scrapbook pages and cards are darling (as usual!) Congrats on the new niece too!