Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Highlights and "lowlights" of the last 2 weeks

Hello friends!

I'll first apologize for the prolonged "blog absence" and then wish you all Happy Holidays!!! I've caught the holiday spirit in a big way this year. I'm feelin' "merry and bright" already! We even put up our new 9 foot Christmas tree yesterday!

It was a busy and fun 2 weeks for us! We spent a chunk of it in Utah with family. Thanksgiving was amazing - though it is always a stretch to include all of our family on that important day, we managed to do it! We're now back in the "swing" here and looking forward to a California Christmas :)

Here are the highlights of our trip- and a few "lowlights" as well.

Highlights:
**Showing off Annabelle ;)
**Spending time with James' family - dinners out, kids playing with their cousins, bonfires, playhouses, listening to James play the piano for his family on their baby grand, 20 grandchildren running around!
**Sleeping in until 9:30 am one morning!
**Thanksgiving at my cousins home - getting a 4 generation photo with Annabelle and one of her namesakes - my grandma Joy.
**Shopping with my sister-in-law Emma-Lee. It was just fun - just the two of us :)
**Getting to visit my family - my grandparents, my aunt and cousin, my dad, my siblings (love you all to death).
**Getting Allie, Derek and Lily to come spend the afternoon with us and take our family pictures! Thanks again Allie!!!
**The movie "August Rush" - one of the best movies I've ever seen!
**Reading "Twilight" on the drive up, and "New Moon" on the way back
**Taking my dad out for his birthday

Lowlights:
**THE DRIVE........took us 16 hours to get home. 'nuff said.
**The cold. I used to love it! I guess I'm getting spoiled out here?!?
**The other kind of cold - the one that made it so I couldn't breathe and constantly had a headache - the kind that plagued little Annabelle for a few days too :(
**Breaking out in mysterious hives from my head to my toes.
**Leaving.










We took some cute pictures of Annabelle today b/c she's 2 months old!! Happy "birthday" baby girl ;) You get cuter by the minute!



Charlie found Grandpa's old cowboy hat :)

6 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Your kids are too die for! Glad you had such a fun trip. I'm with you on the cold weather-it hurts! So fun to read about your little fam!

Angie said...

Sounds like the trip was WONDERFUL! Glad you guys had a good time. Annabelle is absolutely adorable! Sounds like you finished the Twilight books! What did you think? I heard they just finished casting for the movie finally.

The Kalcichs said...

She's so cute, Jenny. I've learned to cope with the cold: I stay in the house all day lone in my coat and sweats with the heat cranked up. I am such a wimp. Hope you guys are feeling better.

Kami Banks said...

Sounds like your trip was a success as well. It is always fun to go back to Utah. It was probably so fun showing off Annabella. She is too cute. I agree we need to figure out how to get together. I am going back to Arizona next weekend but other than that I am pretty open. Let's talk soon. Kami

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

The pics are awesome Jenny - looks like you guys are luving Annabelle! Glad you could get-a-way and see some fam! Luv Cami

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed your visit as well. I love seeing the next generation grow up. You and James have a great family and so do I!