Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Accomplishment and conversation with Dillon.

Hey Mom------ I did it!! You know what "it" is. Haley, you might too (remember our discussion about your unconditional love for me and its limitations?). Well, yesterday I quit making excuses and did it. MYSELF. "It" took me nearly 2 hours. Yes, I had to use a surgical mask. Yes, my back is aching today. But this chore no longer plagues the back of my mind or threatens my health and safety.

Am I the only one who has certain responsibilities that get put off until they're impossible to ignore? I hope not.

In other news, I had a very interesting conversation with Dillon yesterday. When he got home from school, he came up to me (I was doing the chore I mentioned above) and without saying anything just stood there. Finally, I said,
"Hey Buddy! How was school today?"
"Fine....but....." He hesitated.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Well, I guess I can tell you, because you're a girl." Yes. Yes I am.
"Tell me what?" The look on his face is freaking me out!
"Do you know what Vanisa did today?" Vanisa is one of his kindergarten classmates.
"No, what?"
"She.... She kissed me! On the cheek! She's sort of my girlfriend." Ok... thinking... thinking...
"But aren't you too young to have a girlfriend?"
"NO MOM - its okay, because she's five too!" Laughing out loud. He's even blushing a little.
"You're too young Dillon. You can't be kissing girls!" His face is defiant-
"I didn't KISS her, mom, SHE KISSED ME!"
"And that makes her your girlfriend?"
"Yup."
"I still say you're too young." He's starting to get mad. He furrows his brow and says through his teeth,
"NO I'M NOT!" and now the real drama, "I've got news for you, Mom. I've got a girlfriend, I've got a boyfriend, a roommate, and I smell like I haven't showered in 30 years!!!"

Now I'm just rolling on the floor and he's really ticked. And the academy award goes to....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

W O W

Brittany said...

OMG! That is hilarious! I read it out loud to my dad and we just laughed and laughed! Where the heck would he get something like that from? A boyfriend? huh? SO funny!! Make sure to write that one down in a journal or memory book.

(thanks for the book my friend, I plan on starting it tonight!!)

Angie said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! Love it!!!!

Angie said...

By the way, I checked out the casting for Bella too. I pictured a girl with darker hair, but they can fix that. As for her face, I think it's perfect! I can't wait to see who they cast for everyone else.

Beth said...

I'm afraid I'VE got news for you too... you won't be able to STOP all the girls from kissing that boy. He's really in for it.. and I know first-hand. He is the ONLY boy Gracie has ever blushed over. Somethin' about that Dillon.... :) LOVE his quote! That is a journal entry for sure!!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

That is so hilarious!! I can't believe he really said that-what a funny kid! Vanisa sure picked a cute one to be kissing!!! So funny!

Beth said...

I just thought you should know that my mom made special mention today of a "darling little baby" she saw on Allie's blog.. it was Annabelle. :)

Annie said...

I have always wondered where they come up with these things. He is hilarious, and tell those little hoochies at school to back off. Kissing at five, WOW!

Beth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEEEEEEENNY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Hope you have a great day... :)

Adam Jensen said...

that is freaking hilarious!