Monday, October 02, 2006

"Weekend Update" and cute cards!

Hallo freunden!

So, feel free to be jealous of me and my fabulous weekend. Here's the sequence of events:

Wednesday: arrived at my mom's at 11:30 PM.
Thursday: went to the "Happiest Place on Earth" where it was a gorgeous so. California day, short lines and very excited kids! We went on all the rides that we love except two that were closed - Haunted Mansion, and Matterhorn. :( That was a little bit sad since Haunted Mansion is my fav. and Matterhorn is James' - But hey, we were there for the kids, right? :) Thursday night we dropped off the boys at Grandma's and headed for San Diego where we got a nice hotel room and slept like BABIES!
Friday: James had his interview with the residency selection comittee in the morning. So, while he impressed the program director, I had a lovely continental breakfast, bubble bath, tea at the corner cafe, and a nice relaxing hour reading on the veranda of the hotel as I watched the sail boates pass. It really is heavenly there - the breeze, the nice temps and the ocean! (do you think my hopes are up too high? Possibly.) So lets see.... ok, after the interview, we lunched on Coronado Island across the street from the historic Hotel del Coronado (amazing) and let me tell you - it was the BEST italian food I've ever had! Next, we toured the different housing developments for Naval officers. That was pretty exciting - again with the soaring hopes! :0 If I had to find a complaint for the whole experience, it would be the traffic on the way home - YUCK!
Saturday: we watched the first session of conference, took the kids to play for a bit at the park, then headed home.

James left for a month yesterday and so far I'm ok. I'm sure you all wondered if I'd lost my mind yet, but so far so good.. check back in a couple of weeks! ;)

Here's some pics of all the hooferah (that's a word I stole from my Mom's vocab.)-




This was the first ride we went on - check out how Grandma's like WAY into it! Oh, and it only LOOKS like I'm wearing my sunglasses on this ride..... huh? ;)





Look who got splashed on their very first time down Splash Mountain!!??!!



Yes, it was very sad. Very very very very sad... especially since it was scheduled to open Friday - the very next day! AND it was going to be all decked out in "Nightmare before Christmas" one of our favorites! :0( It was closed last March when we went too!! Crikey!

Made some cards last night - LOVE this Paper Posies kit from June - Still have a ton of it left!




No comments: