Monday, March 01, 2010

February 2010


Well, now that I've missed February entirely, I'll be playing a little bit of catch-up. We're all still doing well. As busy as ever, though. It's funny how now when I do have a few extra minutes in a day, I have NO IDEA what to do with myself! Its all good stuff, though. Busy happy life.

One month ago today, Charlie celebrated his 5th birthday! HE decided to forgo a party and take one of his friends to Disneyland. We had so so much fun and here are the pics to prove it!!







He is such a great kid and we are so blessed to have him in our family. He keeps things interesting and never fails to make us laugh! He loves to cuddle - I mean LOVES to cuddle. He gets in trouble for giving too many hugs and kisses sometimes! He is a self titled Master Lego Scientist, Architect and Artist. He loves playing games with his brother and still has a passion for all things CHOCOLATE!

Dillon has been quite the little performer lately. Here he is in his Scout troup's Blue & Gold banquet skit. They were supposed to portray an "era" and an aspect of scouting. Their skit was super cute. They were "Woodstock" campers. The kid in the afro had such bad body odor, whenever he raised his arm, the other kids would faint. They ended by stating an important aspect of scout law, "A scout is clean." :) It was super cute.




He also performed in the school talent show with his class to the tune of, "Surfin' USA." It was so adorable and we were quite impressed by his groovy moves.




On Valentines Day the boys helped me make a special breakfast in bed for James. It was fun- he loved his heart-shaped breakfast sandwich!



Baseball season has started once again. We made some cookies to celebrate opening day! I SERIOUSLY have found the WORLD'S BEST recipe for PERFECT SUGAR COOKIES!



I'll share:

Perfect Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Additional sugar or icing.

Directions: In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar (unless you are planning to ice them). Place on greased baking sheet; flatten with a glass. Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes.

I've tried so many cookie recipes. I rarely find one worthy of sharing one with everyone I know. Just FYI :)

In case you were wondering what Annabelle has been up to, she is definitely 2, but still charms her way through every single day. We are discussing potty training, and realize that with her strong personality, we are in for quite a ride! As of today, she is old enough to start her very first DANCE CLASS!! I am so excited! She has no idea how much fun I'M going to have. (hee hee)



Some milestones: She now has enough hair for quite a decent pony tail, she knows most of her colors, she LOVES to pretend, she can sing the ABC's and all the major princess tunes, wheels on the bus, and here's her take on itsy bitsy spider:

"Da itsy bitsy spider went up da water spout.
Down came da wainbow, wash da spider out!
Out came da sun, dwied on da wain-
and dee itsy bitsy spider up da spout again. YAY!"



She never leaves the house without her purse full of "friends." Its so cute!



I'm still nightly petitioning God to slow the hands of time. I feel like each day gets shorter than the last and can't imagine days ahead that DON'T involve diapers, wiping noses and driving carpools!

Sending out lots of love to anyone reading this! Happy Spring (almost)!

8 comments:

Skye O. said...

I agree with your plea to have the days go shorter. Our babies are growing WAY too fast.

jen morgan said...

I too search for good sugar cookie recipes. Do you think that one would roll out and work with cookie cutters? Or is it a ball & smash recipe only?
Also, when do you sleep girl??

Angie said...

Great update! How would it be to be able to just head on over to Disney Land?! No fair! :)

Amy B. Jones said...

Awe! Miss you guys!

BeckyB.West said...

Hi Jenny! You are so lucky to live close to Disneyland. It's my goal to take my girls there before they start high school. Looks like you're busy and lovin it! Good to see you!
Becky

Missy said...

Amen and Amen. Happy Days. Miss you guys! Will we see you this summer?

Adam Jensen said...

I can't believe Charlie is 5!!?? Annabelle is getting so grown up too, where does the time go!?

Janet and Nate said...

Jenny!! It has been a while! Your family is so beautiful and grown up. I can't believe Dillon is 8! Charles and Annabelle are so big too! Love your blog. Miss you guys! Tell James I said hello!!

Janet Frampton