Wednesday, December 09, 2009

My Fourth Decade


And so begins my fourth decade as a member of the human race!  And there is no better way to begin it than with a chocolate cake with butter cream frosting!  YUM!!

It was one of the most amazing birthdays ever.  I just want to thank everyone who took time out of their day on Monday to call, mail, post, text or telepathically send me birthday well wishes!  I felt so special!  Thanks Mom for spending a couple of days celebrating with us and for crying those happy momma tears. :) Thanks James for going the extra mile to make everything special- I love you!! Thanks to my friends for coming over to sing happy birthday and share cake (even if you were forced out of the house despite having the flu!) ;0)



One of the best birthday gifts EVER was the news that we are not going to be in some crazy far away place for our next duty station!  Now, at this point, we're not exactly 100% sure where we ARE going to be, but we do know that it will be stateside and most likely West Coast.  We feel so extremely grateful that we will be able to remain within a day's drive of home and family and James will get the experience of serving this great nation on a Navy ship.  This is what he has wanted from the beginning.  The news has made my worrying mother a very happy person! ;0)




On another familiar note, 'tis the season for the taking of the family photo.  My kids really really hate doing this, and quite frankly, I think James hates it more than anyone!  We actually managed to get some pretty decent pictures!  Millie did an amazing job.  I am going to post a slideshow of them soon, but here are a few we took Sunday after church.  Annabelle managed to force a cute pose through her tired tears....




6 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Happy Birthday, Jenny! I'm so glad you had a special day. You deserve it!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! Your kids are darling.

haLey said...

Miss you sis! I had been waiting FOREVER for you to post more pictures. Glad your birthday was good, and I can't express how happy I am you guys will be close. Love you.

BeckyB.West said...

It's so fun to find old friends when I'm wasting my time blog-hopping:) I'm glad I found your site. Your family so cute and your kids look like their mommy. Happy Holidays! (I still think of you as Mary Katherine:) YEARS ago, right?

Missy said...

I thought about you all day, but knew that everyone else was showering you with happy birthdays that day, so I waited until today! I am eternally grateful for your birthday, because I met my husband at your Surprise Party 14 years ago! Not just that though, I LOVE YOUR GUTS! Can't wait to see you again. R u going to be in Utah at all for Christmas? If so, let me know.

The Krolak Family said...

Jenny Happy Belated Birthday! You look great!