Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone!!

First of all, would you let your doctor work on you if his eyes looked like this?? SCARY EH?



I took this photo of James after his last call shift at Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego. It was a 32 hour shift during which he'd had about 30 minutes of interrupted sleep and had only had time to eat a candy bar for dinner! With his commute time, he was gone all the time this last month. We never saw him. A couple of days ago, James took a day off (his first in almost 2 weeks). The kids were like, "Oh hey! We know you! Where've you been?" We are all very glad that one is over!

So what do you think is the first thing on the Mathews' agenda after a tough rotation? DISNEYLAND :






We think these last two are evidence that Disneyland is haunted.... What do you think?




Ghostly residue and a freaky image behind Annie...... Do you think she sees something? Look at her face!

We're not really sure who or what she's aiming her gun at in this next one..... but she looks pretty serious! ;)



James and I went to a Halloween party a couple of weeks ago. It was SO fun. We went as.... well you guess.........




That's right! Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar! The costumes must have been a hit b/c we won the costume contest and SO look forward to using our PF Chang's gift certificate!! We had such a great time.

The ward "Trunk or Treat" was last Saturday. The kids got a chance to test out their costumes and do some fun games and crafts!






I was in charge of the pumpkin carving contest. Here is the winning entry:



Annie had a crush on this handsome cowboy ;)



In other news, Charles is finally recovered from a nasty ear infection. We really have been so lucky, though. Chronic Otitis runs in James family and many of the nieces and nephews have had to had tubes and stuff. This is Charlie's second infection this year, but we're hoping it won't become a bigger issue.

Annabelle had her 1 year old check up and they told us that because she only gained 2 pounds in 7 months, she'd dropped off her growth curve. They ran blood work and want her to come back next month. Does she look "off the growth curve" to you?? I'm glad they're cautious, but I KNOW in my heart she's totally fine.



I'll post more pics from tonight asap. Have a safe and Happy Halloween!!!!

11 comments:

millie said...

Ha! I had to laugh when I saw James' eyes. I've thought of doing that very same kind of post about Trent! I hate those months and Trent goes to Children's next...yuck! Your Halloween costumes look great, I love Annie's braids! Can't wait to see more pics from tonight!

Holly said...

What cute costumes!!! Looks like you guys had a great halloween this year!

The Krolak Family said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun this Halloween. I loved all the costumes!

~Nicole

Kathy Schroder said...

That is such a super great costume, you deserve the prize

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

You two make an adorable Wanye and Garth!! And your rodeo queen is just simply adorable!!! Fun stuff.

Drew said...

Hi Jenny! I'm Kathy and Shawn's Nephew! And nice blog!
Check out mine!

dacubsfan.blogspot.com

Beth said...

ha ha ha! WAYNE'S WORLD! WAYNE'S WORLD! :) Love it!!!! Although your face is waaaaay too cute to be Wayne :) And, your kids look so cute too...love your cowgirl!

Angie said...

Oh man, I can't believe James's eyes! Poor guy! My brother looks the same way most of the time. I don't know how they can be expected to put in such long hours like that! All of your Halloween costumes look AWESOME! You and James are seriously so funny. And I can't believe the post about Dillon and the bad word. It's so scary to think of this world we live in and what our kids are exposed to. Hey, at least he knew it was a word he shouldn't say, right?

Skye O. said...

cute costumes! I am dreading residency for Matt. He hasn't decided yet, but I am anticipating red eyes just like those of James. Yikes! Everyone keeps saying to me, "it'll all be worth it in the end?" do you hear that alot? guess we'll find out. :)

Rachel von said...

LOVE the costumes! You are creative as usual! Next year you will have to be my costume consultant!

Brittany said...

Hey! Glad you had a fun Halloween, but WE actually won the costume contest! lol Im confused. Either way, you guys looked great in your costumes!!