
I can't believe it's been a week. It really is such a strange feeling... one week ago I thought time was standing still and now I blink and a whole day has gone by!
I promised more details so here's how last week went down. I was induced at 6:00 pm Thursday and delivered Friday at 11:00 am. It took nearly the entire time to get dilated from a 3 to a 4! As soon as I was a 4 my DR broke my water and things accelerated drastically. I got my epidural and half an hour later I was dilated to 10 centimeters! Once it was time to push, I was so eager to see my little girl, that I only had to push 3 times! Piece of cake really ;0)
So, she was 7lbs 6oz and 21 inches, pink and screaming. It was one of the three best moments in my life so far.
She spent a little time in the nursery while they watched an arythmea and ended up having an "event" of desaturation, so they made her stay there overnight. She ended up being fine and we took her home Saturday afternoon! Since then we have had it pretty good, thanks in large part to my Mom. She really stepped in and made the transition so much easier. She cooked gourmet meals, cleaned like the house was under inspection, took great care of the boys and was able to still enjoy sweet new baby Annabelle with us. THANKS MOM - a million times over.
Now we have my Dad here with us and we've (I've) felt well enough to get out a little. Yesterday we went to the pier and had lunch. It's so beautiful and we had a great time - look at Charlie's face if you need proof!
>


The boys seem to be adjusting just fine. They love their sister and are very sweet with her. She is really sweet and sleeping and eating pretty well now. It takes my breath away every time I look at her and realize I have my baby girl and its just as wonderful as I could have imagined.
We are feeling so blessed. I know we are far away from most of you and not being able to share this with you in person is painful, but thanks to the blogging world, a little easier. Thanks for all your prayers, well wishes and congratulations. We love you all.





14 comments:
She is a doll. I can't believe that it has been a week already and she's not even mine. You are a great mom and she is lucky to have you in her life, as well as yours boys. I hope that as she grows you will beable to be her very best friend. and that she will be mommas little girl. Jaysa's not:(. Karra is only some of the time. so I hope that you are more lucky then I.
OMGOSH Jenny, I just wanna squish her! All the things I remember about Bay. Look at her just look at you and move her arms around. SO AWESOME! Bless you and the dh. She is wonderful!!
oops...that was me. sorry.
~Sonda
Jenny,
Annabella is so beautiful. It is just so fun to hear you talk to your little girl. I can't wait to see her. I want to make it up before your shower, but I'm not sure if I will or not. I am so happy for you. Love Ya, Kami
Let the cute outfits begin!!!
I love those baby sounds. I'll be back plenty to listen to them. And she's BEAUTIFUL! Who's baby isn't still all squished and skin peeling at one week old? Yours or course :)
Such a beautiful baby! Congratulations 1000 times again! We are so happy for your family!
She is gorgeous! Congrats Jenny.
Hey family! So glad to see the little one! You are gonna go broke with all the cute girl clothes that are out there. They are definately more fun to shop for than boys. Let us know your new address and what little Annabelle needs. Love from us all.
She is gorgeous Jenny! Congrats! Girls are so much fun, I see you've already found some cute hair accessories!
She is just adorable jenny!! Congrats! Girls are a lot of fun!
Congratulations Jenny! I am so happy for you - Annabelle is so beautiful and perfect. Enjoy her - they do grow so fast! :)
She is so cute! I'm glad you've gotten help from your parents. They are literally life savers, aren't they? You sound like you're doing well and are happy :) I have another friend who just had her 3rd, only opposite of you...2 girls and now a boy. She says it's harder than she thought it would be. What do you think?
What a wonderful little miracle! She's adorable!!
(this is Ruth!!!)
Mathews!!! CONGRATS on your beautiful little Annabelle. We are so excited for you and hope all is well! (I really want to call, but I read your e-mail about the phones being crazy.) I hope you are all adjusting and I wish I could be there to hold that baby!
xoxoxoxoxo from Ohio
Post a Comment