The first day that I was left in charge of all three of them by myself for a while I totally spaced picking Dillon up from school... His teacher had to call me. "Oh yeah.. I have THREE kids, huh?" Well, at least I feel a million times better than I did three weeks ago. In fact, I felt good enough last Thursday to go with James and the boys (and my sis) to California Adventure for their "Mickey's Halloween Treat" celebration. Let me tell you, this is one of those things that if you have kids this age - like between 2 and 8 - you CANNOT miss! It is super fun, inexpensive and just adorable! There were tons of trick-or-treating stations, all the rides were open, and EVERYONE was dressed up in costume. They sell a limited amount of tickets, so it wasn't too crowded and there were minimal wait times for the rides. Check it out and DO IT if there is any way at all! Here's some pics:



We don't really have any pictures of Dillon with the characters. He's still terrified of people in costume! Daddy promised him he could pick out a Disney toy at the store there if he tried not to be afraid and got his picture taken with the characters, but that didn't even work! But, here's a picture of him eating his monster sized slice of pizza!


Yes, Annabelle came along too... DON'T SCOLD ME! We kept her in the stroller bundled tightly and she did just fine. I have been scolded just about every time I've left the house with her. I KNOW SHE'S REALLY SMALL and I KNOW IT'S A LITTLE EARLY TO HAVE HER OUT! This lady at super Saturday really ripped me a new one. She's hispanic and told me that latin women wait 40 days before leaving the house b/c "pores are still open and you could get very sick. Not to mention your baby looks very unhappy in her carseat." Oh and she took one look at my McDonald's cup of Diet Coke and said, "You REALLY need to be more careful what you eat if you are breastfeeding!" Wow. It was amazing. I'd never met this lady in my life. Oh well!
Annabelle is doing really well. She's porking out quite a bit! I hate how fast they grow at this stage. It's constant change. She smiled for the first time on the 11th. Her cord fell off two days ago and today she had her first real bath! She's starting to fit into most of her little outfits and I feel kind of like I'm playing dolls or something - dressing up my baby doll ;) I've learned how to make cute baby bows and headbands. Annabelle has hair, but unfortunately its around the sides and the back. Kinda like an old man (gasp) so mama does what she can to minimize the balding old man look! lol
We've decided to bless her on November 4th. I always look forward to that. My mom and some friends here are throwing a baby shower on Saturday! I'm so excited to have a little "pink party" for my sweet little girl!
Isn't this cute of my mom with the baby? I know she's gonna love it.



9 comments:
GASP at that lady. She's right up there with people I hate for making me bawl on an airplane. I read that 2 cups of coffee a day is safe for breastfeeding anyway....what can some soda do?
Love the little costumes. Way to get out there and have some fun too!!
So fun to get an update. Somedays can get a little tricky with three. If you ever need to vent, I'm hear. I am so excited to see you and Annabelle on Sat. Love ya, Kami
I always think fresh air is good for those little ones. That lady probably also believes crazy things like if you drink water with ice in it you face will permanately pucker-seriously!!? It looks like you guys are having so much fun-you look great! I wish we were as close to Disneyland-we are dying to go again!!! Your kids are darling.
So, I know you don't know me, but I see you all the time on paper posies. I just want to say, I live in Mexico, and women take their babies out at 1 day. I'm not joking. The woman was crazy, because every hispanic woman down here takes their baby to church the Sunday after they deliver, go to the store etc. Don't believe a word she says! Congratulations and I love to see all your pictures!
Vicki
CUUUUUUUUUUUTE picture of Annabelle and Grandma. So so sweet. I'm glad to hear you are all doing well and having fun. :) We are headed to California next week on Monday evening... maybe we'll have time to meet up... ?? Ya never know how these trips are going to go. :) Keep the pictures coming. I want to watch Annabelle grow! She's adorable.
I can't believe the nerve some women have who think it is their duty to tell you how to raise your kids. Mind your own business lady! Mama knows best. And a little caffeine won't hurt, right? Heck, they say you can drink coffee when you're pregnant! I'm glad things are going well. You seem to be so on the ball :)
Jenny,
I haven't checked your blog in such a long time, I didn't know you had your baby! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! And you look Great too! Just wanted to tell you Congratulations!! Three is fun isn't it??!!....
Wow Jenny, I can't believe someone gave you crap about bringing Annabelle. We took Elijah furniture shopping the day after I got out of the hospital. No one said anything. Im sure if they would of, I would of given them a piece of my mind. Anyways, Im sorry you have to go through that. People are so rude sometimes! BTW, Annabelle is ADORABLE!
Ok, that's it! I wanna know who said it!! Who was rude to you? Was it that lame lady who wasn't even in our ward who just SHOWED up and expected to make all the crafts? Tell me! Tell me! Did you take the kids to Disneyland in their costumes??
Post a Comment