Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How to pass the time between now and BABY!

Two more weeks until my due date and I'm already ready already! I'm having contractions all the time- especially in the evenings and some crazy leg cramps/ spasms when I walk. Doc says the baby's sitting on some nerves - similar to what happened when I was this far along with Annie, but in a different spot. So according to my exam this morning, I'm not having him any time soon, so I've resolved to make a list of things that absolutely MUST be done before I even consider going into labor. DISTRACTION distraction DISTRACTION because right now, I've got major baby on the brain! Its hard not to focus on the source of so much discomfort and, of course, anticipation.

1- Father's day schtuff....
1- Upstairs photo wall (a project I've started and abandoned twice since our move to WA) Dad- come help me!!!
2- Finish baby's room - bedding, shelves, walls. Again, HELP DAD!
3- Plant some pretty pots for the porch. Also something my dad needs to help me with..... thinking of how to bribe him to come......
4- Finish bow orders and baby gifts that are being neglected
5- Make "Summer Reading Charts" for the boys as well as daily task charts (one might think a nine- yr-old is too old for this kind of thing, but my nine-yr-old needs them as much as my others do). I've also got to come up with incentive ideas. We've gone back to the "Mommy Bucks" but those are losing their excitement.
6- Clean and organize garage. Now, I really can't do this without James, but he also can't really do it without me. Goals are great to have- no matter how overwhelming and un-fun!
7- Pack hospital bag. I've never done this. It feels.... final. I feel like once the bag is packed, its time to go! Thus, this "to-do" will remain at the bottom of the list - right above cleaning the house! ;0)
8- Clean the house (like I could ever check that one off as done).

I love my friend Jill Holyoak. She is so talented at just about everything - photography included and not least of all! I asked her to take some "maternity" photos that I could lock away in a file somewhere and show my kids someday- convinced that they'd be too embarrassing to share. Well, the little stinker posted them on her blog before I had a chance to lock them away. I guess I might as well post them on mine too, besides, she did do a great job and I'm not so embarrassed afterall. :)



She also took photos of the kids and I can't wait to see how those all turned out. The boys were being somewhat challenging, but I think she said she got some good ones in spite of them.


For Mother's day this year, I got a new diaper bag (LOVE IT) and James got a lawn mower! ;0)




Such a sexy MAN thing- mowing the lawn.

The best mother's day present was having my Mom come. Last time she visited the weather was awful and we stayed inside the whole time. We figured we'd be busy with baby and the other kids when she comes next, so this was a great opportunity to play, see the sights and just hang out. It was SO great. We were blessed with gorgeous weather and really took advantage of it!









I love to try new things and since catching the "sewing bug," I almost convinced myself I could sew all the bedding for the baby's room. I picked out all the fabrics online and then chickened out. I actually hired someone to sew most of it and I took on the quilt and coordinating pillows. I'm actually quite glad I didn't bite off that huge project b/c I am now acutely aware of my deficiencies as a seamstress (using this word loosely) and very well could've purchase all of that material and ended up having to have someone else finish/save the project anyway! I am somewhat pleased with the number of small projects that I have completed. Blanket, car seat cover, nursing cover, cute tie applique onesies, burp cloths, binky clips, bibs, and a boppy slip cover. Oh, and I also covered a lampshade, but its not so good. Photos:







If anyone can think of a fun sewing project I missed here, let me know. I can add it to my list of things that I absolutely must-do before baby comes! ;0)

Dillon got the "Terrific Kid" award at his school a couple of weeks ago. They pick one child from each class who has really good citizenship and character- respect, kindness, responsibility etc. We're so proud of him. We knew he was getting it, but he didn't know until he saw us at the school with the balloons. It was kind of a fun moment. ;0) I love this photo. You can see how well Annabelle likes NOT being the center of attention!



Speaking of Annabelle, she has found her love of coloring! She colors and colors and colors all the time now, which is absolutely fabulous! I don't know why it makes me so happy, it might be because I don't have to entertain her as much, but it does. This photo was just too cute not to share!



Random photo of the temple on a gorgeous day (had to take advantage of our free babysitter! Thanks Mom!):



Random: My guy is super sexy in his uniforms and here's proof!



Also random: We traded in our Odyssey for a new Sienna. I now drive a "Swagger wagon" and am LOVING it. Mostly because our monthly payment actually went DOWN! :)



I've got just way too much to do to sit here a blog any longer. Busy busy busy NOT sitting around and whining and waiting, waiting and whining!

3 comments:

AmyJane said...

You crack me up! I love end-of-pregnancy lists. Mine are a bit different--because of the planned c-sections, I know when the baby is coming, so the list is like a race to the finish line. Such a crazy great time, waiting for that little person to come! Can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

If making the reading charts helps you, have at it, but you can take your kids to sign up for the summer reading program at the library and they'll provide a chart for you. They'll also give them a free book when they read for ten hours.

Great pictures!

The Holyoaks said...

Yes, the summer reading charts at the library are great!

I'm glad you are all caught up. It feels nice doesn't it?

Baby will be here soon enough!