Monday, June 01, 2009

More visitors and Camping Indoors!

One thing we've come to love while we've lived here is the CONSTANT stream of visitors! Me being the kind of person I am, its HEAVENLY! My Sister, Haley came for Memorial Day weekend. We spent a really fun afternoon at the Wild Animal park, then us ladies hit the town for some girl time! Now... this is a total crime, but this was THE FIRST time in my whole life that my mom, sister and I have spent a whole evening just the three of us. I know! About time, right? Anyway, it was really nice. We went shopping and eating and all that fun stuff. I miss my little sis so much. She and I weren't super close growing up cuz we're nine years apart, but it seems like we get closer as we get older.







Then a couple of days later, Charlie, Annabelle and I drove down to San Diego to meet some friends




for lunch and a really fun afternoon at the "New Children's Museum." That place is awesome! The kids were in heaven and us moms enjoyed watching them have so much fun! Now, yes, Charlie peed his pants for the first time in forever, but can you blame him? He simply did NOT have time for a potty break between the tent city, the giant pillow blocks, painting an real VW Bug green (his favorite color), climbing walls, spin art, and the pillow fight room! Here's the kicker, with our military discount it was only $5 to play!



James has been on call a lot lately- more than usual. Sometimes its hard to find fun ways to pass the time on the evenings he's not there.... since he's the "fun one." Plus, the weather has been so grey and rainy (minus the rain) the last several days. So... going back to my own childhood, I decided to set up camp for them in the front room. We had S'mores and watched a movie on the portable DVD player. The kids even had their own flashlights and slept in their "tent" both Friday and Saturday nights. Gosh sometimes I wish I was a kid again!





Can you tell what this is a picture of?!?

5 comments:

Kade and Katie said...

how fun! i think i might need to be a visitor too. so i'm wondering about ordering some bows/flowers. but for some reason on your site i can't get to the ordering?? let me know what i'm doing wrong. i finally have a baby with hair, so we need some cute flowers and bows!!

Missy said...

Doesn't seem that long ago that this was us doing things like that! LOVE IT!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Sounds like you had a blast with your mom and sis. And I love the indoor camping! How fun!

Angie said...

Oh, one more thing...we are considering taking the kids to Disneyland in September. Do you have any suggestions for ways to find good deals? We'd like to stay 3-5 days. I've checked online, but I wondered if you had any "insider" knowledge.