I AM SO PUMPED for the new season of SYTYCD!!!
This is THE BEST part about Summer for me. I really truly love this show. I love everything... right down to Mary's "annoying" screams and Nigel's dentures!
Last night when we watched the first episode of top 20... I had constant chills! I normally go through and pick a few standout favorites, but this time I couldn't really narrow it down enough! I did have a few favorite performances, but lets not get ahead of ourselves!
Philip & Jeanine
I LOVE Tabitha and Napolean. First of all, do they have the coolest names, or what?!!? Their hip hop routines are so much fun! I would call them, "Contemp-Hop." They tell a story with a funky beat and the way they use the sharpness and "roughness" of hip hop, then the emotion and connection of contemporary to accentuate the story line... its amazing! Philip, of course, was unbelievable and I thought it was a really cute pairing and that Jeanine is a really great dancer.


Vitolio & Asuka
I knew from the minute they announced this partnership that it wouldn't be good. I just did. For some reason I felt like these two people just had conflicting personality types. They had "0" chemistry and the dance, although it was danced well, was boring for me. Sorry guys :(


I knew from the minute they announced this partnership that it wouldn't be good. I just did. For some reason I felt like these two people just had conflicting personality types. They had "0" chemistry and the dance, although it was danced well, was boring for me. Sorry guys :(


Jonathan & Karla
CUTIE patooties, these two. Fun dance. I thought they had some chemistry and danced it really well.. nothing super special.


CUTIE patooties, these two. Fun dance. I thought they had some chemistry and danced it really well.. nothing super special.


Randi & Evan
OK- I love how there's been at least one "cute little mormon girl from Utah" in each top 20 of each season. I also knew that I would be voting for her no matter what, but what I didn't know is that I'd end up REALLY REALLY being impressed with her! I think she's awesome. I think Evan and her make THE COOLEST pairing. They remind me of Gev and what's her name from last season. I CANNOT remember her name for the life of me.... cute... brunette.... tiny... Anyway, as for their performance, it was SO HOT! I worried that shy little mormon girl wouldn't make it believable, but SHE SO TOTALLY DID and YES, Evan was actually SEXY too! Voted like 5 times for these guys. "Oh my HECK. They were so DANG good!" ;0) ;0)


OK- I love how there's been at least one "cute little mormon girl from Utah" in each top 20 of each season. I also knew that I would be voting for her no matter what, but what I didn't know is that I'd end up REALLY REALLY being impressed with her! I think she's awesome. I think Evan and her make THE COOLEST pairing. They remind me of Gev and what's her name from last season. I CANNOT remember her name for the life of me.... cute... brunette.... tiny... Anyway, as for their performance, it was SO HOT! I worried that shy little mormon girl wouldn't make it believable, but SHE SO TOTALLY DID and YES, Evan was actually SEXY too! Voted like 5 times for these guys. "Oh my HECK. They were so DANG good!" ;0) ;0)


Tony & Paris
It was nice to see a contestant who is actually TALLER than Cat! She is seriously enormous. The hip- hop dance, though...... it was ok. Just fun.


It was nice to see a contestant who is actually TALLER than Cat! She is seriously enormous. The hip- hop dance, though...... it was ok. Just fun.


Jason & Caitlin
HE is SO cute! I like HER from the all she went through during auditions. I was really pulling for her to be in top 20 and last night's BALIWOOD routine proved that she is insanely good and that Baliwood is officially like the hardest, coolest dance style EVER!! I recently did an Indian style of aerobics called "Masala Bangra" and it is H A R D !!! and F U N !!! Kudos J&C- you got my vote too!


HE is SO cute! I like HER from the all she went through during auditions. I was really pulling for her to be in top 20 and last night's BALIWOOD routine proved that she is insanely good and that Baliwood is officially like the hardest, coolest dance style EVER!! I recently did an Indian style of aerobics called "Masala Bangra" and it is H A R D !!! and F U N !!! Kudos J&C- you got my vote too!


Brandon & Janette
I like these guys too. I too was worried about a fox trot after the crazy good Baliwood, but I totally loved it. It was so gorgeous! I love it when the ballroom guy is so strong that the lifts look easy and fluid and when the girls wear sparkly pink dresses.... STUNNING! I'm pulling for these two to last a while.


I like these guys too. I too was worried about a fox trot after the crazy good Baliwood, but I totally loved it. It was so gorgeous! I love it when the ballroom guy is so strong that the lifts look easy and fluid and when the girls wear sparkly pink dresses.... STUNNING! I'm pulling for these two to last a while.


Kupono & Ashley
Calling all psycho Wade Robson fans!!! THis was another twisted masterpiece from my favoritest choreographer. LOVED it! Totally lovin' on Kupono. Ashley is cute, though I don't know if she'll last a long time... just not sure if there's anything really special there.


Calling all psycho Wade Robson fans!!! THis was another twisted masterpiece from my favoritest choreographer. LOVED it! Totally lovin' on Kupono. Ashley is cute, though I don't know if she'll last a long time... just not sure if there's anything really special there.


Ade & Melissa
AND here it is... my FAVORITE performance of the night. When they did that lift where she was in the chinese splits mid air over his head and then he lifted her up and over.... i nearly wet myself. HOLY CRAP!!! I loved how she's "older" (though still younger than me) and better than ever. I loved how he is the "strong, silent" type, that comes alive when the music starts. LOVE them. Voted over and over and over and over and over and over again.


AND here it is... my FAVORITE performance of the night. When they did that lift where she was in the chinese splits mid air over his head and then he lifted her up and over.... i nearly wet myself. HOLY CRAP!!! I loved how she's "older" (though still younger than me) and better than ever. I loved how he is the "strong, silent" type, that comes alive when the music starts. LOVE them. Voted over and over and over and over and over and over again.


Max & Kayla
Cute pairing. Have you SEEN this girl's FEET!?!?!?!?! Unreal!! Max is this year's Russian Ballroom hottie... minus the "hottie" part...... DANGIT! Cute, though and I thought that Samba was uber hot! Totally deserved the ride on Mary's tamale train. AAAAHHHHHHHH! ;0)
Thank goodness for two things...
#1- Nigel got his hair cut.
#2- Besides the fact that we have the whole rest of THIS season left, they're doing a NEW season of SYTYCD this Fall! I could never never never get enough...... ever.........
Cute pairing. Have you SEEN this girl's FEET!?!?!?!?! Unreal!! Max is this year's Russian Ballroom hottie... minus the "hottie" part...... DANGIT! Cute, though and I thought that Samba was uber hot! Totally deserved the ride on Mary's tamale train. AAAAHHHHHHHH! ;0)
Thank goodness for two things...
#1- Nigel got his hair cut.
#2- Besides the fact that we have the whole rest of THIS season left, they're doing a NEW season of SYTYCD this Fall! I could never never never get enough...... ever.........
EVER!





12 comments:
Oh I'm with ya here! It was soooooo good!!
oh I am sooo with you. This is the highlight of my summer too! I loved loved loved Ade & Melissa. Holy smokes to be able to move and bend like she does still. Ahh!!
OK you are a total nut job and so darn funny. OK side note I visited your bow boutique and I am looking for fourth of July bows to buy off of you any ideas??
tedlikeskathy@yahoo.com
Courtney, her name was Courtney.
Is it pathetic that I wish I was the twenty-nine year old ballerina? The only thing I have going for me is that I'm twenty nine. Oh well.
I am with you on this show I am obsessed with it!!!! My DVR was freaking out and I lost parts of the show and I was ticked but man we need to get a party going on wed night! Mike does not get it and mocks my love for the dancers ect... You are too funny though to break down each dancer! LOL!!! Anyway we need to get together!!!!
Yeah, I am loving this show too. This is the first time that I have really watched it and love it. Poor Matt has to sit through it though. I didn't know that girl was Mormon. I liked her from the beginning though..now even more!!
Loved your run-down. It makes me want to go and watch them all again!
You crack me up!! I love the breakdowns. I am a closet dancer I wish I could have done that. Gev's partner's name was Courtney, remember? He had a huge crush on her.
super fan? under statement, girl you should be a judge! luved the run down on the only good summer show out there! thought youd like to know im spreading the word on your bow biz with some girls here in denver in my ward...a couple friends just had girls and they are looking for cute bows! i sent them to your site!!! *cami
Ditto Ditto Ditto!!! This is my FAVORITE show!! I LOVE Tabitha and Napolean...they do such fun dances!
I love it too. Love Tabitha and Napoleon, love Melissa, love Randi, love Kaitlin. Hmm...I'm naming all girls, but I like a lot of the guys too. I just think it'd be awesome to see one of the amazing women win this year! I laughed so hard about the "I almost wet myself" comment. That dance was amazing!
P.S., Jen, I also just wanted to say that I get compliments on the bows you made for me EVERYWHERE I go (including from the rental car clerk in Houston)! Thanks again! :)
Post a Comment