Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Soccer camp 'n more

Its been a busy week and a half for us!
11th-15th we had soccer camp for the boys. It was exhausting, but fun. After the first couple of days they both noticed that it was as much work as it was play! They wanted to give up and I got really frusterated. Dillon kept losing his ball and one day went home in tears! It took some serious control for me not to freak out! It was an expensive camp and It took a lot for me to get everyone there before 8AM and sit in the sun half the day. Now that it is all said and done, it was worth it and the boys ended up really having a great experience.




Wacky Wednesday



Taking a break.








Coaches Matt (England) and Jess (Wales)-



Team Germany-



Annabelle cut 2 teeth on the 11th and kept me up most nights working on two more!



(LYNA- there's that face she makes that you wanted me to put on here!)



Saturday the 16th we spent with my Mom. We swam and did a little shopping. We didn't know how the boys would do with us shopping and found out pretty quickly! We were at the first store only 5 minutes before Charlie had snuck over to the window manequins and "de-pantsed" them.... they were only wearing underwear to begin with! It was SO embarrassing. Our shopping trip was VERY short!

By Saturday night, Annabelle had cut 2 more teeth! Poor thing. :(





We've been trying to get ready for Dillon to start 1st grade and Charlie to start preschool. It's going to be quite an adjustment having 2 of the 3 with demanding schedules and homework to keep track of! I'm actually looking forward to it.

Our Disney passes were finally usable again as of Monday, so we spent the day there yesterday and had a blast! More pictures to come soon :)

9 comments:

Kathy Schroder said...

Holy cow your boys are so stinking cute!! I have to tell you my little girl is not an athlete unfortunately. I was running on the field dragging her around when she first did soccer. I must wait a few years and than maybe try it again. Until than its dance and gymnastics. That is girls for ya

Darci said...

I know how you feel. Jack is cutting his first tooth right now. He does pretty well at night but is Mr. Fussy pants all day-not a norm for my guy. Hopefully it won't take to long and she'll get used to it for the next set of new teeth.

Jenny said...

Love the wacky Wednsday hair. Wasn't that like a Dr Seuss book? Is that a normal thing in your family or a soccer thing? I bet your husband never participated in Mustache May. (thankfully neither did mine)

BelleBordel said...

Will you tell Charlie that he's cute for me! I laughed so hard at Charlie pulling down the mannequin's underwear!!!!! And I love the Nanabelle's cute little face:-((( Too much cuteness!

The Garners said...

Annabelle makes the exact same face that Millie does! That's hilarious! We've now taught her that it has to do with being cold...so she says "brrr" before she does it and shakes her whole face. It's my favorite!

Sorry about the teeth. You're just a couple months behind us...so on to molars for you next! They've been nothing but joy so far. (hint of scarcasm)

Oh, and your scrapbooking looks amazing, as usual! And I am a sewing beginner too and I made an awesome bag. It looked hard..but wasn't. Go to some sort of Quilting or Crafting store and see if you can find a pattern. Really, if you just follow the instructions...it's mostly about cutting all the pieces! I was totally happy with the outcome and it wasn't hard at all!

Angie said...

Sounds like the school year will be busy for you. Connor will be starting pre-school in 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to it, but it's also kind of sad in a way. It means he's really growing up. Your kids are so cute! I love the funny hair soccer pics. And your scrapbook pages and cards are stinkin' awesome, as usuual. I love all the amazing pictures on the pages too!

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brizzee said...

How fun Jenny. I hate teething but not as much as potty training. Sounds like you guys are busy as usual. How is it having one gone all day?

Beth said...

Ok.. WHEN did Charlie grow up??? ADORABLE pictures of all of your kids, but I just can't get over how big & STINKIN CUTE Charlie is out there kickin' that ball!!!!