We have a top 20!
What do you think?
Here's my two bits:
I think the coverage of Auditions and Vegas was excruciating to watch. The producers and judges created way too much drama and it took away from these people's talents. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching people make fools of themselves as much as anyone else, but I can't stand watching someone ridicule and belittle another person. I thought both Nigel and Mary were a little high on their horses. I think they gave the kids a REALLY hard time and expected them to know when to have personality and when to keep their mouths shut and when to jump up and down and giggle, and when to bow down at their feet and so on. Nigel tries too hard to be clever and I think Mary is on the verge of a psychotic break between her screams, tears, and tyrades! Mia Michaels is brilliant, but so artsy that I wonder if she's in touch with reality.
Having said that, all those things are part of the reason I love the show! These new judges- Tab and Napolean... cooooool- can't wait to see! Can't wait for the group dances- LOVE those. LOVE it all!
Here are a few of my favs of the top 20:

She's an obvious favorite- (cute little Mormon girl from Utah) but really, she has truck loads of talent- can't wait to see her ballroom stuff, but where is the sexy Russian ballroom guy?? :(

His name sounds Russian, but this guy is from SLC too! However, he was born in Khazakstan. (sp?) Close enough? We'll see. Here's the kicker- HE'S A BREAKER!!! It's a bit like maybe a Tongan ballroom dancer, but it actually works! And the sexy part, well, he's no Pascha. Oi.

This girl got my attention at first b/c of her wierd haircut, but she is an amazing dancer. I can't wait to see what Mia does with HER!

I am glad Twitch made it through. I think he's fun to watch and has all the "personality" stuff that makes the show so cool. I'm not sure how he'll do on the other styles...

This girl- HOT. I cannot tell you how excited I am about a ballet dancer on the show. Her pointe is incredible- her solos are going to be untouchable. Go RAYVEN!
NOT SO HOT:

I don't know what it is, but watching her takes me back to 7th grade PE and I can just picture her doing "herky's" in the corner with her posse and me hoping that at any minute someone will de-pants her......... She bugs me. (I should probably stop now and go to bed)

What did you think about the whole drama with this girl and her best friend? Kind of over the top, but I felt SO BAD for the friend who was cut at the end. I Katee is going to get some flack for all that and it will probably affect how long she stays in the competition.
I also think they let some phenomenal dancers slip through the cracks. I guess its time to get over that and focus on all the fun stuff to come!! BRING IT ON!



10 comments:
Yahoo! Please keep blogging about this. I love your take on it. It does seem like they're trying to create way too much drama with the jdging (isn't that how Cat says it?...all squished together) :) And they were enjoying the power that came with deciding if they'd kick somebody off for what they said or when they didn't smile. Oh well. I haven't decided my yes's yet. But I'm totally with you on the no's.
I only started watching last year. And I think I need to go look up some YouTube Neil :)
Wahooooooo! I am so excited this season finally started!!! I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan!!!!!! I love the group dances too and I think they have some pretty talented folk on the show this year! Twitch is amoung my favorites along with Ravyn, the mormon girl and the girl with the crazy blonde hair!.........I pretty much love everything about~~na na na na So You Think You Can Dance Dance Dance, can't wait!!!
I just had to chime in and say ditto on the girl and her "herky's." There should be a rule in nature that forbids someone to be thin, pretty, talented, and good at sports all at the same time. You can only pick one or two. She thinks she scored in all of those categories!
And if she ends up adding rich to that list as well...then...maybe we'll just have to hunt her down.
Although, I'd do something more than de-pants her. Like maybe force feed her a bunch of carbs! Ooh, that'll teach her!
I am just getting into it this season, but I think it will be good now that the Top 20 have been picked. It was funny talking to you today. I am excited to see you in a few weeks. Loves
Agree about them letting some amazing dancers get by and then sending some straight to Vegas where I was like, "Huh. Who knew." Oh well! It's still very entertaining! I also loved the gal from the Utah audition--I think her name is Kelli? I was surprised she didn't make the top 20, but there was some hefty competition!
This is the only show I watch on TV. It's the only one I like. And I love it, love it, love it!
I told Dan during the auditions that I thought the judges were taking it totally overboard with the bad comments. They could just stop at "you are no good. Sorry" but they just have to keep going and going and going.
Oh and I laughed so hard at your herkies comment. I can totally see it.
Favorite from last night: Mia Michaels dance for sure!
Love you jen. Someday let's dance, okay? Like to Abba? You are awesome.
I just caught myself up on your blog. I don't think I have been reading blogs for a few weeks so I had to update myself on everyones. Your house sounds like Ryan & Kelly's with all the visitors, thats fun though. Your kids seriously crack me up they are so stinkn' cute. Are you guys coming for the family reunion at the end of the month? We have been informed that everyone will be there.
I love love loved the dance of mary's that was supposed to be what Tim Burton's wedding would be-it had that girl from SLC, who I had so much fun watching. the choreography was fabulous and the two dancers just nailed it for me, so wonderful.
I also have to agree with your comments about the announcers-they talk way too much. I want to see the dancing yo!
Post a Comment