
We are at that place where she has officially entered what I like to call, "The Cheerios stage." You other moms out there know that this is the stage when you find once wet, now dried Cheerios in diverse and often unexpected places- like inside a sock, or stuck in your hair. This is most definitely the stage where these same shrunken O's have to be scraped out of the small gaps in the car seats, stroller, and high chair.
Oh yeah, we are so there.
Meet my son, Dillon (and his "don't expect me to smile for the camera" face).

He has a very strange phobia...... Cheeriophobia! He won't sit at the same table as someone who is eating them. In fact he'd rather not be in the same room at all! He can literally smell them from 100 feet away- even on someone's breath! HE HATES CHEERIOS.
So, you could, at very least, say we have a conflict of interests here. Annabelle is having a great time exploring the great taste, texture and technique of Cheerio-eating and Dillon is basically living his worst nightmare! James LOVES to tease him and throw a stray Cheerio into his Frosted Flakes, or something. I don't think its very funny, because he won't eat the rest of his cereal!
Our little Annie now has her two bottom front teeth and can sign milk. I tried all I could do to get them both on camera and ended up scraping the inside of her mouth with my fingernail!! I feel sooo bad!


At least I was able to get a pretty good picture of them :)

We have a new member of the household! Meet my littlest brother Nathan.

He has absolutely NO FEAR of Cheerios, which works out well. He's living with us for a couple of months this Summer, and we're thrilled to have him. Dillon tells me just about every day,
"Mom, today is going to be the best day ever. Nate's here!"
In about 7 weeks, our home will be overflowing with people! Meet my Sister-in-law, Lyna.

I've added the link to her new blog in the sidebar (Bellebordel). It's got a lot of great make-up tips and who wouldn't want a few tips from her?!!? I know I do.
Her and my two little darling neices are going to be spending a good chunk of the summer here escaping their cramped, fast-paced NYC lifestyle to the wide open sunny skies of Southern California :) We are UBER excited about it!! Hope they like Cheerios!!



7 comments:
I just love reading your posts, you are so funny! I thought all kids liked cheerios, apparently I was mistaken! ha ha! AND, Nathan.....are you serious? I know it's been a long time since I saw your family but WOW, I can't believe how old and grown-up he is. Have fun with all your visitors!
Wow, you really will have a full house! How fun. And very funny about the cheerio conflict!!
I'm so jealous of what a fun summer you're already having out in CA. And how fun to have so much family staying with you! Cute picture of Annabelle's teeth!
SO SO CUTE! I love your pictures and Annabelle & her cheerios :) That is SO funny that Dillon doesn't like them....wierd quirks kids have, huh? Have fun with all of your guests! :)
How fun to read your posts! Your kids are so sweet and little Annabelle is sooo cute!!! Are you in med school too? Matt just finished his 2nd year. We are moving for rotations. Good luck with it all!
I personally love Cheerios, but my hubby hates them. :) It sounds like you have a fun summer to look forward to!
funny! sounds like a fun summer with so many visitors!!! wish I could be one of them :(
Post a Comment