Sunday, May 11, 2008

California LOVE

Let the beach days begin!



We spent both of the last two Saturdays at the beach. First, with my little brother at Del Mar beach on the base. We had a crazy good time and I don't know how I'll ever live away from the ocean ever again!



I was so worried about Annabelle and how she would fare with the wind, sun and sand, but the pictures speak for themselves! She thoroughly enjoyed herself- even when she stuck her sandy hand in her mouth (I wish I'd have taken a picture of that) and gagged a little, she still laughed and thought it was funny! :)


The boys made an amazing sand castle, played "Davide Hasselhoff and boogie-boarded. Annabelle and I just soaked up the pure enjoyment of it all.

Don't feel obligated to watch the video. Some side effects may include, jealousy, nausea and self-pity, but are rare. Please tell your doctor if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, as they may be signs of a rare, but serious disease called California-envy!! ;)




This last Saturday we met my mom and step-dad at the other base beach- San Onofre. It was a little colder and pretty windy, but do you think any of my kids noticed?




Grandma got her grandbaby fix :)

I love that my brother, Dustin and his family had family pictures taken now that they have their sweet addition- Shiloh. Here's a few of them, although my insanely pretty sister in law made me promise not to post any with her in them.... she's nuts!

My two neices!! Awwwwwwwww. I miss them all so much my heart aches.




I thought this photo of their hands with the baby was UBER sweet!

May Paper Posies projects:









The 3rd anniversary party is still going on there. TONS of fun to be had if you're a scrapper!!!

10 comments:

The Garners said...

I'd like to report having all of the listed side-effects! Holy crap, how great it would be to live by the ocean. 'Course we have Willard Bay...which is oh so similar...NOT!!

Your kids are ADORABLE and that Annabelle is just as cute as she can possibly be. How totally fun!

PS love the black and white paper on the mother's day card! As you can tell from my blog decor...I'm sorta lovin' the black and white lately!

millie said...

I love your cards and scrapbooking pages. You are so creative, it's fun to see what you come up with. My kids are loving the beach too! We just put a temperature gauge on our blog and my mom in Wisconsin, wasn't amused! Ha! Ha! Lucky Us!

emandtrev said...

Wow. I am SO envious of your gorgeous weather and trip to the beach. The pictures are all great! SO FUN!

Holly said...

I have two words to say: I'M JEALOUS!!!

P.S. Cute cards and scrapbooking pages by the way!

Beth said...

I looooooooooove the beach and plan to come to CA a few times this summer. I'm so glad I have family that lives in Southern CA ... it's a beautiful thing :) Glad you are enjoying every bit of it! We are coming this weekend for a quick trip to Disneyland on Monday. Then - we are AVOIDING it like the plague until after summer :) I'm coming again for a week or so in the beginning of July... I'd love to meet up at the beach or something. I'll let you know dates when I know them.

Anonymous said...

It looks like the beach was fun. I think every time we go to the beach it makes me love it more and more. You mentioned going to Wicked when everyone was out here. I would LOVE to see it. My girlfriends all went when we had our girls weekend a few weeks ago, but I couldn't go with them. Let me know what we need to do to work on it. Loves, Kami

Jess and Jer said...

Oh, I am totally jealous! We really need to go some where warm, Utah seems to want to stay cold this year for some reason. Dustin's family is so cute, what a cute little baby!

Jill said...

Jenny, i love the beach. Our trip over there was kind of last minute and we didn't even know what day we were leaving until the day before. We almost didn't stop at the beach while there, but after finally getting through LA traffic even just two hours was so totally worth it. Can't wait for July. Your kids all look like they love the beach too. Soo fun.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

pics of annabelle on the beach are pricless you have to blow those up and frame them- too cute!!! cami

Bowdens said...

It was so fun to see you guys at Disneyland! I wish it could've worked out to meet up with you again, but it just went by so fast! Love the beach pictures though!