Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter and broken bones!



It was a pretty eventful Easter weekend! Friday Dillon fell off the monkey bars at the park and injured his arm. We iced it, gave him Tylenol and said, "We'll wait and see how it is in the morning." It was much better in the morning- swelling down, less pain etc. We had 3 birthday parties to go to that day and decided he'd be fine for one more day.

Sunday came and he was still swollen and favoring his arm, but even less. It was a lovely Easter Sunday. The kids looked scrumptious in their Easter duds and we got some great shots of them "hunting" the eggs the Easter Bunny left in our backyard. We had our traditional Easter Sunday German food and watched Enchanted together. It was quiet and low-key, but really nice. Dillon was still wincing anytime anyone came near his arm/wrist, so James and I concurred- "first thing in the morning."

We got home from the hospital about 4 hours ago. See for yourself-



You don't have to endure this cheesy video of their little Easter egg hunt unless you are close family. If you are close family (Grandmas and Grandpas, aunts and uncles) then I expect you to watch and enjoy every second :) Caution: You might get a slight kink in your neck! SOMEBODY recorded the whole thing sideways! IDIOT!!... oh ... it was me.

20 comments:

The Garners said...

2 breaks?? Holy cow! That is an eventful Easter. Will broke his on Mother's day 2 years ago. How do they know just when the most inconvienent time will be?

Cutest, cutest easter duds! Gotta love excuses to dress up kids. (They'll hate us for it later, who cares?)

We watched Enchanted for Easter too. What a cute family. Happy Easter!

alliehoopes said...

That photo with all 3 smiling is perfect!! Love it :) And Charlie's hair is too cute.

Ashlee said...

Don't feel bad my mom did the same thing to my little sister. But she only had one broken arm not to. What a sport he was. I guess you know that he can stand a lot of pain. What a tough kid!

Jami & Boys said...

your kids are darling (broken arms and all)!

Holly said...

Lookin' good! Great job on coordinating their Easter outfits, your kids are adorable! :)

emandtrev said...

Oh no! Two broken arms--so sorry! Your kids are adorable, though, if it's any consolation. :) Congrats on nine years, too!

Brittany said...

Wait! You're kidding!? TWO broken arms? I thought only ONE was hurting? Holy! Poor Dillon! Geesh. I think the kids DO look cute in their outfits. I also think its hilarious that like every kid in the ward had the same coordinating outfits from childrens place too. Kasen included.

Melissa said...

Oh, wow! Talk about eventful! And I LOVE the blue Easter outfits~Picture perfect!

Suz said...

I can't believe how much your cute little toe head looks like Dustin.

bryony said...

Ow! Poor Dillon -- what a trooper to be doing all that Easter stuff and smiling! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that. I remember when Brynn was in a cast for so long, and it's not fun to take care of a little kid cast. And you have two (casts, that is) -- on a boy who's a lot more independent than Brynn was when she had her little cast! How long does he have to have them on?

And great job on the pictures! Awesome to get all three looking cute and happy (and at the camera, no less!) at once! You're amazing!

Natalie said...

Poor Dillon!! That's pure awful. Cute cute Easter pics. Annabelle is beautiful.

sarah said...

Your kids were dang cute on sunday. You gotta love the Childrens Place, they have the cutest clothes for easter. I think I have been there two years in a row.

Poor Dillon. He sure does look tough though.

Bowdens said...

Wow!! Two broken arms!! Poor Dillon! At least they all look adorable on Easter! He must be one tough kid!

L said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad something worked out, and Annabelle made it look 20x's cuter than any other baby would have done. I threw that one in at the last second, so I am glad I did.

Poor Dillon, what an Easter to remember:>

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Poor little guy...only a doctor's kido would go so long without going the hospital - at our house you would have to flat line to go into the hospital, Cam's favorite quote "take an Ibuprofen and drink some water"! What a tough kido!!! Cami

Meghan said...

Oh my heck. I can't believe he broke both his arms! Poor little guy! Darling kiddos!

Annie said...

Your Easter pics are perfect- How on earth do you get all your kids to smile at the same time. I need pointer. There easter outfits are adorable.
Thank you thank you for the maturnity clothes- I have been meaning to call you all day and thank you but You know how good I am at that. But thank you!! I get them back to you in about two months when hopefully I wont need them anymore.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OH dear! I really can't believe 2 broken arms!! What a tough little guy! Cute, cute pics!

Growinguptogether said...

Ok, so you have know idea who I am, but your blog is supper cute. My boy just broke his arm too, just one I can't imagine two. We almost met at Brynn's B-day party, I guess I left when you came. Anyway I have a huge favor to ask. My parents and Sister are coming to San Diego. I've lived here for 3 years and I've finally talked my sister into coming to visit anyway I really want to stay at the Cabanna's on the beach. Which do you like better the Del Mar beach or the San Onfree? I'm worried about getting a place since all of our plan revolve around that. So I'm wondering if you could hold the stop for me? I will also call when I'm able to 10 weeks in advance and see if there are any avaiable then, if so you can drop your name. Anyway the dates that we are coming are June 22 through 25 we are leaving on the 25, so we wouldn't need them that night. We would need 3 Cabanna's. If you reserve the San Onfree then two 3 bedroom ones and one 2 bedroom or whatever you can get. Thanks so much. We are coming up there to do the Devil Dog race. Do you have a favorite restuarant up there? Thanks so very much. Vicky Manning My numbers are (801) 554-1058 or (858) 292-4311.

Angie said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I did watch the video and loved it. Connor has that button up shirt from CP too. I guess we all love their cute styles and good prices! I can't believe Dillon broke both arms! Oh my goodness!