Wednesday, January 02, 2008

December re-cap (you might have to take it in shifts)

Holy Moly. I'd say that this last month was hectic and crazy, but I hate excuses ;)

So December was great. It was all kind of a blur and I'm not sure some of it really happened (just kidding) but I can't believe its 2008 already!

Since I haven't blogged in forever, here's a few shout outs (and possibly an illustration of why the month was so nuts)!

Happy Birthday to my amazing sister-in-law Lyna in NYC. MISS YOU MISS YOU MISS YOU MISS YOU a thousand times over!!

Happy Birthday to her cute little daughter.. my only niece on my side, Alissa. You are a rockin' little princess diva and I love you!

Happy birthday to my girlfriends, my favorite twins Ruth and Rachel, and my amazing Kellie!! So sad we didn't get a birthday lunch this year :(

Happy 6th Birthday to my firstborn!! Dillon - I love your creative, hilarious, sensitive and smelly guts! You are the reason I am a mother. I'm glad you are mine.

MOM - If you ever con me into making Christmas presents for all yours and Doug's kids again (mean face)...... just kidding. It was kind of fun spending 2 1/2 days with you buried alive in craft supplies and making the recipe boxes. Now, did you even give them to people or what?

Dad - This last year had some rough points. Happy New Year??

To My Siblings: You all drive me crazy. I love you all so much it physically hurts. My wish for each of you is that 2008 involves major changes- happy and positive changes. Lets spend some time all together sometime this year!!

Dustin and Lyna- I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THAT BABY!! COULD YOU TURN UP THE HEAT AND GET 'ER DONE ALREADY??!!??

James' family: I can't believe it was our first Christmas away from you all! We missed you terribly.

As far as New Year's Resolutions, I'm feeling like this year I need to focus more on my faith and my Savior. I just feel so grateful right now and can totally see the way God's hand directed my life over the last year. Each year I learn more and more to rely on Him and let myself be led. It's just better that way. I would be so lost on my own. SO LOST.

K- pictures. Here are some photos from Christmastime and what not--->


The Magic Kingdom. Annabelle and I finally get to go with the guys. They've gone 3 times without us and we had such a nice time together. LOVED all the Christmas decorations and the fake snow at night.. wow. Dillon finally is not afraid of the characters!


Cute cuddly baby - el natural- but still irresistable!


Not so natural, but oh so scrumptious!

My boys dressing up like Lewis on "Meet the Robinsons" They made the glasses themselves ;)


Annabelle in her Christmas dress.

Our Christmas tree

Charlie displaying his present from Santa - Tools! I guess they weren't much of a surprise Christmas morning, though. Aparently shortly after Santa stopped by, Charlie sneeked downstairs to play with them. This was taken moments before he threw up all over the place.. look at his face! He's feelin' it.


Various candid shots of Christmas Eve- the calm before the barfing storm. I'll explain- Over the week of Christmas and primarily on Christmas Day, we all kind of took turns with this fun little stomach virus that made you throw up non-stop for about 8 hours and then feel like crap for a couple of days. It was amazing.



The Birthday boy

The Birthday boy's birthday toys!

And..... two more cute pictures of Annabelle.

Show me your silly face baby!!

7 comments:

L said...

Woosh! What a post. Sounds like some good times. Your kids are so cute. Do you make Annabelle's headbands, or where do you get them? They are so cute!

Angie said...

Great update! I'm glad to hear you are all feeling better now :)

Bowdens said...

I seriously can't believe Dillon is 6! Your kids are so cute. How do you get them to pose for you? What happened with James? Did he get enlisted? I will just be happy when we match and yes, the paycheck will be nice. Maybe not as nice as yours, but still, better than now!

Pure Images said...

It looks like you guys had a busy Christmas! I am sorry to hear you guys got the sickies though! Annabelle is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Jen I seriously started crying when I saw these pictures! I miss you guys so so so much. I put the last one of annabelle making that funny face on my desktop background. hahaha I can't wait to squeeze her! Love you guys all so much!
-Haley

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. It is so fun to see pictures of your kids. It would be nice if I could se them in real life. Hopefully now that the holidays are over we can get together. Kami

Brittany said...

The boys picture as "lewis" cracks me up. So funny. Annabelle looks so adorable in her Christmas dress. I hate being sick! I am sorry you went through that, and the rest of your family too. Sounds like overall you DID have a great Christmas though. Let's go scrappin, huh?