Monday, November 27, 2006

Checking In

YES! I still live and breath, and this is the longest amount of time I've gone between entries!!!!!

I'm FREEZING my can off here in Winter Wonderland USA. It's gorgeous and soooooo fun to be around family. We're battling colds and flu, but getting better. I'm on an ancient PC with SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW dialup, so you'll have to bare with me for the next few weeks.

Today the Naval Residency Selection committee met to decide our future and the future of our fellow Navy 4th year Med. students. All day long I kinda had this little panic-y feeling inside, knowing that these strangers had so much control over my family's fate. It's hard to think of what may come - good or bad, but I think about it non stop. I pray and pray and pray that whatever happens I'll have the faith I need to take that leap and make new friends and build a new life wherever. Only 2 weeks to go til the results are public!!!!!!!!! (breathing deeply to try and stave off the nausea)

I have some wicked awesome pics from our trip to southern Utah for Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. I can't wait to get them all uploaded and share them with you all. We had so much fun four-wheeling, hiking, playing games and of course EATING! The men did a lot of shooting, which creeps me out, but James can't get enough of it! For the "Mecham Family Christmas party" we played "the Amazing Race" in Cleveland UT - aka Hicksville USA - Population like 52 or something. It takes a half an hour to get there from any place that's even on the map! Anyway, it was a lot of fun. We split into teams and had to dig throuh hay, bail hay, saddle a horse, barrel race a stick horse, water race, shoot clay pigeons, shoot hoopes, put puzzles together and suck M&M's out of a jar with a straw! I am sore all over! After the party it was a literal pukefest. My little sister was struck with the stomach flu and vomitted all over our brand new van. TWICE! I am still trying to get the puke smell out and get over the fact that the only thing I've ever had that was brand new and super nice already reeks of vomit. Is that Murphy's law or something?? Oh well - I promise I'm not mad Haley.. no worries.

Anyway people - Hope your holidays are great so far :) Love and HUGS and stuff..

2 comments:

Beth said...

Glad to hear you're having fun and glad to see you posting. Get those pictures up for us. :)

Beth said...

Ahem.. pictures? Do you remember how to post them? ;)