So I know Charlie turned one months ago, but I just now got around to making these and think they turned out pretty good. It was JUST the FUNNEST little party and he really got into the cake thing as you can see!
I "scraplifted" this idea from a Brenda Carpenter at Paper Posies. Love how it turned out.
Here again, Charlie LOVING his very own birthday cake. The poem is author unknown (I got it from 2peas in a bucket website) and it fits PERFECTLY! Pat-a-cake, Pat-a-cake Baker's man
Play with my cake? Mom says I can!
I blew out my candle, I made my first wish
Won't someone please help me and hand me a dish?
Frosting on fingers and cake between toes
is the best way to eat it as everyone knows!
Don't try to wash me before I'm quite done.
It's not every day that I get to turn ONE!
Smeared kisses and cake crumbs will all wash away,
but never the memory of my own first birthday!
This one's a pretty bad scan . . . oh well. The pics are of play group at the park last fall. Dillon and Shawn and Brynn were like 3 little MONKEYS! They always have so much fun! Thanks for looking! : )



1 comment:
Wow jen! Every time i look at your page im always almost in tears because it makes me miss my nephews so much!!! What am i going to do when you move so far away!!!! Anywho, i love charlies pix and that poem is so sweet. perfect for the little monkey.
LOVE YOU!!
-Haley
Post a Comment