Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Mother's Day



The poem here reads:
I'm happy when you're happy,
I'm sorry when you're sad.
And even though it may not show,
I LOVE YOU when you're bad.
I love to hear you laughing
I love to watch you play.
I love to see you deep in thought
And dancing in the rain.
I love you on your very best. . .
and very worst of days.
And though I'm sure
you'll never know
I LOVE YOU more each day.
















Charlie's hair is sooooo white and thin, but it grows really long (we have to cut it monthly) and stands straight up, no matter what we do!

SO, I can't really say that I love Mother's Day. It seems I either end up feeling like a no-good mom, or I feel like all I want to do to celebrate it is to go far far away and NOT be a mom! (you can smirk or think that was a horrible thing to say, i don't care!) I LOVE being a mom, but on Mother's day it just seems harder.

A friend did share an awesome poem that put it into perspective for me. Click this link to read it.


On mother's day I spent a few hours doing what I love - preserving memories and creating papercrafts. I did pages to help myself celebrate motherhood and remind myself how blessed I really am.

1 comment:

alliehoopes said...

I very much like these....a lot....really :)