We found out our little bean is a boy bean! He's so darn cute and it still amazes me that in a couple of months, he went from this----->
To this! ----->Look at his cute little face! His nose looks like Dillon's did. The bottom left photo is of his two little feet. Can't wait to meet the little guy. The kids have already got a nickname for the baby. A couple of months ago, we were getting ready to leave somewhere. The kids were all in the car and apparently discussing what they'd like to name the baby. I got into the car and realized- just after they'd asked me what my opinion on the matter was- that I'd forgotten to grab the keys. When I said, "Crap! My keys!" They thought that I was suggesting that as the baby's name! Poor baby. I guess we'd better come up with a real name for him! Regardless, knowing these guys, "Crap-my-keys" will probably be a nickname of his for a long time if not forever!
When we were in the ultrasound room, the tech said, "Ok, will Annabelle be the only princess?...... YES! Its a boy!" and Annabelle shouted, "NO IT ISN'T! ITS A GIRL!" She was so mad. I can't blame her, but I'm sure once she realizes that she'll get much more attention this way, she'll get over it. ;0)
Speaking of Annabelle- last week was her first week of preschool! Does she look excited?!?

It was really one of the toughest decisions I've had to make- whether to send her to preschool this early or not. But I knew she needed something and I couldn't come up with a better solution. The school is really close to us and the days and time were perfect! She has friends from church in her class and it just seemed to be the right decision. Now, its only been a week, but James and I both have repeatedly commented on how much happier and more content she seems to be. We can see that she really just needed something that reinforced her need for a little independence. Like before she would fight us during every meal and end up not eating much, if anything, and then constantly ask for snacks afterward. Now she eats most of her meal and, though she still loves her snacks, doesn't fight us when we only offer her the healthy stuff. I know its weird that these two things - starting preschool and our "food issues"- would be that closely related, but it does seem that way, and that's just one example of many! I guess it was a good move.
It was really one of the toughest decisions I've had to make- whether to send her to preschool this early or not. But I knew she needed something and I couldn't come up with a better solution. The school is really close to us and the days and time were perfect! She has friends from church in her class and it just seemed to be the right decision. Now, its only been a week, but James and I both have repeatedly commented on how much happier and more content she seems to be. We can see that she really just needed something that reinforced her need for a little independence. Like before she would fight us during every meal and end up not eating much, if anything, and then constantly ask for snacks afterward. Now she eats most of her meal and, though she still loves her snacks, doesn't fight us when we only offer her the healthy stuff. I know its weird that these two things - starting preschool and our "food issues"- would be that closely related, but it does seem that way, and that's just one example of many! I guess it was a good move.
Charlie-bo-barlie turned 6 last week!
I visited his classroom to deliver cupcakes and balloons. It was a lot of fun! Wouldn't you know it though, I was ONE cupcake short! Cute Charlie said he would give up his cupcake so his teacher could have one. I was so proud of him, and of course she insisted she was much to full to eat a cupcake, so he ended up getting to eat it. :)
Later that day Charlie opened his first present (legos of course) and then we all headed to Toys R Us where he got the "birthday treatment" and got to pick out another (yes, legos). He also got to pick where we went out to eat. James and I were fully expecting him to choose McDonalds, or Chuck-E-Cheese, but he said, "I want the place with the pancakes that have chocolate chip eyes!" He even got a free piece of pie! At home it was cake and ice cream (yes we all had tummy aches) and off to bed. It was super simple, but he's such a great kid. He never expects or demands anything. As long as he gets to spend time with his family and has plenty of time for his legos, he's good. :)
Here's a plane that the boys made from their legos. Its not a "set" with instructions, they just put it together themselves using pieces they had. Its a "1947 bomber." You can't see it in the photo, but underneath there are bombs that can be dropped on the enemy and a tail-gun in the back. I love my creative little guys!
I guess the reason why I love it so much, is because Charlie doesn't really like to draw or color. He usually only does it when he has to for school. So one day, just after we moved here, he brought this to me (kind of out of nowhere) and I just cherish it. As you can see, he's drawn the whole family - including "crap-my-keys!" SO cute.





7 comments:
Sissy, I have to cry a little bit inside when I see your blog. Adrian and I miss all of you so so so much. I need my smister!
Oh and I talked with Adrian about coming to Seattle when you have your new baby boy so I can help with the kids and such... he SAID YES! Let's plan soon. xoxo
So, my boy made your blog already! I'm touched! ;-) I'm so glad that Annabelle likes preschool so much. It is a good place. We enjoy it!
I'm WAY impressed with that plane your boys built without a manual. Wow! They have some serious lego talent!
I just read this post and your last one. That is the longest post I've ever seen. EVER. You are my kind of woman. I like to just get it all out and over with. Does it feel so great to be caught up? We're so glad you're here!
a boy!!! so fun! i'm so excited for you guys, keep up the posts so i can snoop in on you!
Yeah! a boy :) So excited for you guys. Crap-my-keys! haha loveit :) I know what you mean aobu t drawings. Kyler also hates to draw and I love it when he draws anything! Glad Annabelle is liking school :)
Your boys are looking so big, so is Annabelle. Preschool is always so fun. cograts on the baby boy, they are so fun even if we can't dress them up with ribbons and lace.
Reasons I'm jealous of you Jenny from the Block: Yoda cake, Disneyland, The beach... did I already mention DISNEYLAND?!
Post a Comment